March 3, 2017

In high school I revved my motor so diligently with studying and learning my way through rows of calculus numbers. I was like a top by graduation. It was clear that something was going to happen to me other than just the walking across the stage and the gathering of diplomas. I often feel so duped that I didn't get to use my mathematical skills. In fact I often feel that 18 would have led to a perfect and normal life if I hadn't gotten sick with mental illness. In many ways it feels like my life ended at 18.



Right now is like a turn in the road almost as big feeling as 18. It could be a place from which I go up not spiral down. I now don't have debt to my name and I have a college degree. I have therapy next week. Hopefully I find a way to talk to someone about this turn in my life instead of just following the easiest possibly course or doing what seems like the best opportunity. I want to do for myself what will be best for me. It feels like a hard decision.



“It is best to make long term decisions when I feel like myself.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 14, 2017

February 26, 2017

January 16, 2022