January 13, 2022

“I am learning to stick to it.



I have been involved in my nonprofit, River’s Way, for over nine months, and now that we are meeting back on Zoom I am planning to be back with it. Sticking with it has been hard for me all through my life, so I am proud to see that I have settled in to something enough to stay with it this long.



Sometimes I sit there thinking and there aren’t even words in my head at all but it feels like a very important pause to take, like if I did not take that pause, I never could have got to the words that do eventually come, when they turn into thoughts and maybe even writing. This paragraph is like that. I just was sitting and needing the space of just not even thinking, just a long intentional moment of absolutely nothing.



“I am learning to recognize times when I just need to stop and breathe.”



So when I say my meditation practice is helping, part of my process extends into random moments too.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 14, 2017

February 26, 2017

January 16, 2022