March 2, 2017

 

Truly, that is exactly what affirmations are, are this diary entry inward directly to self compassion. And there is nothing wrong with that. In fact when are we not alone talking to ourselves? When in the company of others, people tend to put more effort into what they are saying than what they are taking in, and that is not completely a bad thing.



Sometimes hopefully, I find myself at this place where I want to hear what I say. That is when I write in my journal of affirmations, another line to firm my relationship.



“I have focused on writing more extensively than most, like my haiku art, today, churning out 40 short poems.”



Haiku says to us, focus on a moment. Yes, that first one that comes to your head. That is a worthy thing. Nature and a season element are enough.



“I am aware of flightiness of time, fleeting moment, microcosm to macrocosm.”



As I write more and more, I realize a big thing going on here is quantity. I am letting anything go. Will I ever edit these pages? Maybe but so much is already gained in the passing of pages, the movement of thoughts over time.



So rarely do I find myself talking with myself. Spitting out words and ideas as if presenting a chess move, then turning the board and responding. But when I talk with myself, that is when the needed answers come. If they are affirmations, good. Or scolding, fine. Scolding points to what needs addressed.



“I can talk to myself.”



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 14, 2017

February 26, 2017

January 16, 2022