January 16, 2022

 Today is Mom's 79th birthday.  Mom is my buddy.  She is my closest companion and friend.  I love Mom so much and don't say it enough.  This birthday, I remember how precious life is.


"I honor the wabi sabi of existence."


Wabi sabi means the beauty of impermanence.  When I think of something I can't imagine life without, I am reassured, when I think of it in terms of wabi sabi.  


It can be hard to think of impermanence of imperfection as positive, but beauty is interesting that way because sad things can still hold beauty.  


But Mom is alive.  So I don't mean for my thoughts to sound morbid.  Just fleeting.  Recognizing the quality of things that are not forever.


My life is not forever.


My dog's life is not forever.


Nothing anyone loves will be here forever.  I don't think.  At least I can't think of anything that exists forever.  Can you?


I made a wonderful cake and posted some youtube videos of the process.  (See "thru Schizoaffective Eyes")

 

The cake is light, and the flavor is pretty serious.  Very good.  

 

"I have many abilities."

 

Too often I have thought of myself as disabled.  I am a very able person with a disability.  

 

I can do many things and should be proud of what I can do.  All the things I can do.

 

I need to do laundry today.  

 

Wondering que sera.  

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

February 14, 2017

Welcome to my new blog! Heat up some water and pour your tea. Stay a while...